Sunday 22 December 2019

SLJ W1 D2 - Up in the air: Activity 3 Miracle on the Hudson

Miracle on the Hudson
For this task I watched a you tube clip about Mr Chesley Sullenberger, or “Sully”. He became famous when he landed his aeroplane in the middle of the Hudson river and all 155 people on board survived. He had to make an emergency landing because the engines in his aeroplane lost power.  Sully would have been scared when the engines lost power but he stayed calm, and saved the lives of everyone on board. He was very brave.
In my life I haven't had anything dramatic like this happen to show that I am brave but people can be brave in their own way in their ordinary lives.  In my life some times that I have had to stay calm and be brave are:
  • Starting in a new class each year
  • Competing at the Nationals on my motorbike
  • Going to get my immunisations
  • Trying something new like when I started swimming club
  • Making my speech at the Rotary Speech Competition
  • Taking the OAR when I made a mistake at school and making things right.
All of these things help me to practice being brave so one day if I get in a difficult situation I will know how to be brave like Sully.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikau

    Great to see that you have put a lot of thought into this activity. You have made a very good list of things that you have had to be brave for.
    I am going to comment on your rotary speech. I think for you being brave at school is actually bigger than doing your speech at rotary. I think you were very brave to get up in front of your peers and practise your speech. I know this was hard and it was challenging but you did it. And I know everyone wad very proud of you for doing this!

    Don't forget running around on stage in your Granddad undies was pretty brave too!!!

    Great work Nikau, I am pleased that you are challenging yourself and doing some of these activities. We are enjoying reading your work!

    I hope that you are all having a great holiday and doing something fun!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.